RV Show Buying Tips
By Carefree RV, Edmonton, Alberta
The RV show season is here! Attending our massive Edmonton RV Expo & Sale is a great opportunity to find the right RV for you and your family. Whether you are looking at getting into the RV lifestyle, or checking out the newest RV floorplans, or you are a seasoned RV Pro looking at upgrading your unit, attending the Edmonton RV Show & Sale is the best time to get the best deals while avoiding the harsh Alberta winter weather.
Many RV dealers will also promote discounted pricing and manufacturer incentives that are ONLY available at the RV show. Most RV representatives will work alongside the dealers to answer any questions on features and production of their brand during the event.
Here are a few RV show tips from Carefree RV:
#1 – Plan & Prepare
Bring a list of questions you may have regarding the RV lifestyle and be certain to wear great walking shoes. Lol. There are many RVs to look at and it’s a fantastic time to feel the RVing atmosphere with knowledgeable, avid RV professionals. It can be a long day so its recommended to do some research before hand, which will help you get the most out of your RV show experience.
#2 – What type and size of RV is best for me?
There are many RV’s that range from tent trailers and fold-up campers ($7,000) to luxurious Class A Diesel Motorhomes ($700,000); there are a few questions that will help you narrow down your search:
- Do I want a Motorhome, Park Model, Travel Trailer, Fifth Wheel, Toy Hauler, Car-Towable Trailer?
- How many people will be sleeping in the RV? Do I need bunk beds?
- Where and when will I camp?
- What is the towing capacity that my vehicle can pull?
- How much storage will I need?
- Is a washer/dryer important to me? Home theatre? Fireplace? Kitchen island? Solar Prep? Outside Kitchen?
- Does it have the ‘extra’s like TVs, air conditioning, computer stations and blue-tooth? Try to take a mental picture of what you would love to see and then look for it at the show.
Here is a useful link from GoRVing.com when comparing RV types. COMPARE RV TYPES – from GoRVing.ca
#3 – Set a budget
Sometimes more expensive RVs does not mean more room or more amenities. Having a clear idea of what you can afford monthly and sticking with it will allow you to find the perfect RV. A few questions to consider: Do I have a trade? How often will I use my RV? How much do I owe on my trade? Does the RV dealer have financing available so I can get the best rate and terms? Will the dealer store my new RV until spring for me?
Most RV dealers, such as Carefree RV, will have financing available and have negotiated RV show rates with major banks so you can receive the best financing possible and have the loan approved right at the show.
#4 – RV Lifestyle is Rewarding
- The RV lifestyle is a freeing experience. Because there are hundreds of RV Campgrounds in Alberta and in Canada, you can take your RV anywhere, at anytime, and thoroughly enjoy the gifts of the RV lifestyle such as building memories with your kids and sharing marshmallows and family stories around the campfire.
- RVs are also used for many other reasons: From extended family sleepovers to using your RV for tailgate parties at a football game or enjoying the outdoors in remote areas around a river or stream, we encourage you to share many events in the RV of your choice.
- Share your RV show experience with the people you plan to camp with. Having them with you during the buying decision will help you spend more time on the right RV that suits you and your loved ones.
Living the Carefree Lifestyle has never been so easy at Carefree RV and it’s your time to capture each moment! Looking forward to seeing you at the Edmonton RV Expo & Sale.
If you require FREE RV show tickets, contact us and we will provide FREE passes for you to enjoy the best RV show in Canada!