RV Lifestyle - Camping in Alberta
- RESERVE A CAMPGROUND - Alberta Campground Reservations
- MORE INFORMATION Alberta Parks
RV RESOURCES in ALBERTA
- New to RV'ing? - Go to: www.gorving.ca
- Need to find a Campground?
- The Alberta Campground Association: www.albertacamping.com
- Places to Go in Alberta and Canada (Great Site for Many Different Travel Ideas)
- Travel Alberta: www.travelalberta.com
- Northern Alberta: www.travelalberta.com/ca/places-to-go/northern-alberta
- Southern Alberta: www.travelalberta.com/ca/places-to-go/southern-alberta
- RVDA Alberta - Recreational Vehicle Dealer Association
Over the Fire Scalloped Potatoes
- Prep 30 m, Cook 12 m, Ready In 42 m
Recipe By:Rebecca Gould
"I make these great hands on potatoes beforehand, when everything is going to be cooked on the grill. They're also great for a campfire on a small grill. These potatoes will keep everyone coming back for more! Have recipe in hand!"
- 8 large baking potatoes, peeled and diced
- 1 bunch green onions, sliced
- 1 (10 ounce) can condensed cream of mushroom soup
- 1 cup shredded Cheddar cheese
- black pepper to taste
- garlic salt to taste
- 1/2 cup crumbled crisply cooked bacon (optional)
- 1/2 cup sauteed mushrooms (optional)
- 1/2 cup butter
- Preheat a grill for medium heat.
- Prepare 8 pieces of aluminum foil with vegetable cooking spray. Combine potatoes, green onion, soup, cheese, (and bacon and mushrooms if using) in a bowl. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Evenly divide the potato mixture among the squares of aluminum foil. Dot with butter. Fold into foil packets, sealing well.
- Cook foil packets on the grill for 12 to 20 minutes, until the potatoes have cooked.
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED © 2017 Allrecipes.com
Printed From Allrecipes.com 4/6/2017
Best Grilled Pork Chops
- Prep 5 m, Cook 10 m, Ready In 2h 15m
"This is a simple recipe. It is simple to throw together the marinade in the morning before going off to work and come home to an easy dinner to prepare at night."
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/3 cup light soy sauce
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 3 tablespoons lemon pepper seasoning
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 6 boneless pork loin chops, trimmed of fat
- Mix water, soy sauce, vegetable oil, lemon pepper seasoning, and minced garlic in a deep bowl; add pork chops and marinate in refrigerator at least 2 hours.
- Preheat an outdoor grill for medium-high heat and lightly oil the grate.
- Remove pork chops from the marinade and shake off excess. Discard the remaining marinade.
- Cook the pork chops on the preheated grill until no longer pink in the center, 5 to 6 minutes per side. An instant-read thermometer inserted into the center should read 145 degrees F (63 degrees C).
- How far is it, mom? Distance Calendar: http://transcanadahighway.com/general/mileage.htm
- SANI-DUMP LOCATIONS in CANADA : http://www.sanidumps.com/sanidumps_canada.php
ROAD & WEATHER CONDITIONS
www.ama.ab.ca - check the roads before heading out (Alberta and Canada)
Weather Network https://www.theweathernetwork.com/ca